The Book of Broadway: The 150 Definitive Plays and Musicals by Eric Grode (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRelive, or discover, the Broadway productions that have enthralled, enchanted, and enraptured audiences for more than 100 years. The Book of Broadway is a celebratory, gorgeous tome dedicated to what is arguably the quintessential American art form: the Broadway show. The book profiles 150 of the best, biggest, most influential, and most fascinating Broadway musicals and plays ever produced, spanning the mid-nineteenth century to the twenty-first century. Shows profiled include everything from the 1860s musical The Black Crook, which captivated and titillated audiences for more than five hours, to the Pulitzer Prize-winning 2010 play Clybourne Park. The men and women who shaped Broadway history - such as Stephen Sondheim, Tennessee Williams, Bernadette Peters, Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II, Ethel Merman, Marlon Brando, August Wilson, and Nathan Lane - are celebrated for their groundbreaking work. Photographs throughout illustrate the stunning designs of the shows profiled. Author Eric Grode - an arts writer for The New York Times,and author of Hair: The Story of the Show That Defined a Generation - has compiled this ultimate guide to Broadway shows, filled with insider kwledge. Theater fans will appreciate the fantastic Broadway trivia scattered throughout the book as well as the palpable sense of history in this encyclopedic treatment of one of our most beloved pastimes. A handful of the shows featured in this book include: Annie The Book of Mormon Bye Bye Birdie Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Chicago Death of a Salesman Fiddler on the Roof Grease Guys and Dolls Hello, Dolly! Kiss Me, Kate Les Miserables The Music Man My Fair Lady The Phantom of the Opera Rent Six Degrees of Separation The Sound of Music A Streetcar Named Desire West Side Story
- Author BiographyERIC GRODE is the director of the Goldring Arts Journalism Program at Syracuse University's S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. He writes regularly about theater for the New York Times and is the author of Hair: The Story of the Show That Defined a Generation. He previously was the head theater critic for the New York Sun and Broadway.com, and he has also written for New York magazine, the Wall Street Journal, the Village Voice and several other publications.
- Author(s)Eric Grode
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1996 g
- Width248 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.