All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the coming-of-age story of 21-year-old gay graphic-design student Daniel. who the artist meets at the opening of a 30-year-review of his photographic works, all of which deal with that once-in-a-lifetime moment of suddenly growing up. Normally he uses models to visualize this breathtaking event and has total control of the image, or plays God without anyone realizing what he really is doing. But when he meets Daniel and is forced to let him pose for a photo-series, he suddenly realizes that the game has totally changed. He ends up just pressing the camera-button, but it is Daniel who is 'taking the photographs'. Soon the older man and Daniel realize that something serious is happening: their mutual feelings are for real and a strange love-story suddenly grows. It comes as a revelation to the photographer, whilst to Daniel it is simply logical. A new exhibition, accompanied by a book, designed by Daniel, opens at the International Dutch Art Fair in Amsterdam and together they travel through France to Bologna, where the Galleria d'Arte Moderna will show the Dutch exhibition with the Museum's own collection of the artist's photo-works added, w called 'Lo Sguardo Dentro Gli Occhi Tuoi', They make that same moment - two people suddenly growing together, growing up in a flash really- happen to people they meet on the way. 'Whatever Daniel wants, Daniel gets, ' the boy's father, the Director of the Museum where they initially met, did tell the artist right from the beginning.
- Author BiographyMax Kreijn, at 64, is an internationally renowned painter who has exhibited extensively in gallery and museum shows throughout the world. He is regarded as one of Australia and Holland's foremost living realist painters with an international reputation. With his inimitable combination of Vermeer's eye and a surrealist's instinctive understanding he creates for the viewer a chart of the soul of places he has visited that are at once immediate and timeless. Max Kreijn shows us there is a way - if not to stop time - then to record it to hold the perfect moment in his hand with all its sparkling vitality intact. During the past 35 years he has lived and worked in many countries including Italy, Spain, Portugal, Thailand, Argentina and Australia. He now spends his time between studios in Bangkok and Sydney. He has recently published the trilogy SLEEPING WITH BOYS (The Altar Boy, 2008, The Passion, 2009 and The Not-quite-frozen Lake Of Tender Hurt, 2010), not only as 3 books but also as one trilogy, and a new novel THE PASSING-ON OF KNOWLEDGE, 2010. He is currently working on several big European exhibitions and completing a new quasi-autobiographical novel, 'T'IS A PITY HE'S A WHORE ', which will be published in September 2012.
- Author(s)Max Kreijn
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJay Wadams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $22.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.