All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to popular myth, the original purpose of dim mak was t the training of assassins. It was an intensive study of the medical arts that incorporated the martial arts, and its ultimate goal was to heal, t to destroy. The revised and expanded edition of The Book of Dim Mak (originally titled The Ancient Art of Life and Death) was written by black belts for black belts. It is an instructor-level reference on the study and practice of dim mak. Every traditional kata had three levels of skill and learning, and dim mak was exception. The first level was learning the mechanics of the form. The second tier dealt with unveiling the intent of the form, often referred to as the inner courtyard. Essentially, it involved identifying all the dim mak target sequences, as well as intense physical development required to build the necessary skill and precision. The third tier was the master level, where the 36 chambers came into play. The grandmaster invited the student to advance from the inner courtyard kwledge and study directly with him. Within the ensuing 36 chamber training, the student learned all the dim mak applications completely (both offensive and defensive). When the student graduated, he was considered an instructor of the system, as well as a traditional physician. This new edition contains expanded sections on the history of dim mak and the science of applied trauma, as well as all-new parts on the governing vessel (including unpublished material on GV 12 from the late Erle Montaigue) and the conception vessel. Those seeking a balanced, professional perspective on dim mak will find this comprehensive guide an indispensable resource.
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content NotePhotos, illust.
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Updated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.