All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book based on the author's experience outlines a comprehensive program specifically geared to those with Multiple Sclerosis. This book covers a wide variety of movement therapies such as range of motion exercises, low to -impact aerobics, strength training, and yoga. This book is unique in that it offers many movement techniques that are specifically geared to and helpful for those with MS. The exercises are all explained in detail utilizing safe body mechanics and are illustrated in standing, holding onto a chair, seated (on a physioball or chair), and floor variations to accommodate a wide variety of abilities. Included in each chapter is information on how these techniques can be adjusted for those dealing with MS along with tips to avoid common issues such as overheating and fatigue. Each chapter includes brief explanations on how each movement technique physiologically affects the body and how they will help you improve and maintain better health. The strength training chapter also includes simple muscle diagrams to educate readers about which muscle group(s) they are targeting. The yoga section includes exercises aimed at improving balance, posture, and joint range of motion. This book also provides information on diaphragmatic breathing, stress management and instruction in four different types of relaxation/meditation techniques. If you are looking for a complete program to help you manage your health and enhance your quality of life, then this book is for you.
- Author BiographyLori Newell M.A, holds a Masters degree in Health Promotion with a concentration in pain and stress management from Norwich University. She is a certified health and fitness specialist through the American College of Sports Medicine, and a certified yoga instructor. She has over 25 years of experience working with individuals, helping them to achieve their health, fitness, and wellness goals. She has specialized training in working with those with post-rehabilitative needs, and those with chronic pain and illness. She owns and operates Living Well Yoga and Fitness located in the Hamptons area of New York which offers exercise and wellness programs to a wide variety of populations.
- Author(s)Lori Newell Ma
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.