CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThese unfinished vels were intended to follow her widely acclaimed Malina in a Proustian cycle to be entitled Todesarten, or Ways of Dying. Through the tales of two women in postwar Austria, Bachmann explores the ways of dying inflicted on women by men, and upon the living by history, politics, religion, family, and the self.
- Author BiographyIngeborg Bachmann was born in Austria in 1926. A winner of numerous awards, including the Georg Buchner Prize, the Berlin Critics Prize, the Bremen Literature Prize, and the Grand Austrian State Prize for Literature, she died in Rome in an apartment fire in 1973.Peter Filkins is an associate professor of English at Simon's Rock College of Bard. He is the author of What She Knew and the translator of Songs in Flight: The Collected Poems of Ingeborg Bachmann, winner of an ALTA Award for Outstanding Translation.
- Author(s)Ingeborg Bachmann
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byPeter Filkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.