Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by leading experts in the field, The Book of Genesis: Composition, Reception, and Interpretation offers a wide-ranging treatment of the main aspects of Genesis study. Its twenty-nine essays fall under four main sections. The first section contains studies of a more general nature, including the history of Genesis in critical study, Genesis in literary and historical study, as well as the function of Genesis in the Pentateuch. In the second portion, scholars present commentary on or interpretation of specific passages (or sections) of Genesis, as well as essays on its formation, genres, and themes. The third part includes essays on the textual history and reception of Genesis in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The final section explores the theologies of the book of Genesis, including essays on Genesis and ecology and Genesis in the context of Jewish thought.
- Author BiographyCraig A. Evans, Ph.D. (1983) in Religious Studies, Claremont Graduate University, is Payzant Distinguished Professor of New Testament, at Acadia Divinity College and Acadia University. He has published a number of books on the function of the Old Testament in the New Testament. Joel N. Lohr, Ph.D. (2007) in Old Testament, Durham University, is Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at Trinity Western University. His research concentrates on the Pentateuch (Torah) and Jewish-Christian dialogue. David L. Petersen, Ph.D. (1972) in Old Testament, Yale University, is Franklin N. Parker Professor of Old Testament at Emory University. His research focuses on the book of Genesis and Hebrew Bible prophetic literature.
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleVetus Testamentum Supplements
- Series Part/Volume Number152
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1331 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byCraig A. Evans,David L. Petersen,Joel N. Lohr
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.