The Book of J by Grove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press (Paperback / softback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJ is the title that scholars ascribe to the nameless writer they believe is responsible for the text, written between 950 and 900 BCE, on which Genesis, Exodus and Numbers is based. In The Book of J, Bloom and Rosenberg draw the J text out of the surrounding material and present it as the seminal classic that it is.In addition to Rosenberg's original translations, Bloom argues in several essays that J was t a religious writer but a fierce ironist and a woman living in the court of King Solomon. He also argues that J is a writer on par with Homer, Shakespeare and Tolstoy.Bloom also offers historical context, a discussion of the theory of how the different texts came together to create the Bible, and translation tes. Rosenberg's translations from the Hebrew bring J's stories to life and reveal her towering originality and grasp of humanity.
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byDavid Rosenberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.