All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the death of her beloved grandfather on her twelfth birthday, Ebony Smart's world is turned upside down. Orphaned for a second time, she is sent to Dublin to live with her weird Aunt Ruby, with only her pet rat, Winston, for company. With every window nailed shut and a mysterious locked room, 23 Mercury Lane is brimming with secrets. Warned against entering by a voice in the shadows, Ebony is fearful for her future, but has idea how much her life is about to change. Aunt Ruby informs Ebony that she is part of the Order of Nine Lives - a special tribe of people who reincarnate. She claims Ebony has one week to break a terrible curse or else die - and if she fails, the future of the Order of Nine Lives, and her family, is at risk. With so much at stake, Ebony discovers it's difficult to trust - especially when there's somebody else trying to race her to the finish. Does she have what it takes to succeed when thing is what it seems?
- Author BiographyBased in West Cork Elizabeth Rose Murray has had poetry and short stories published in journals across the UK and Ireland, including 'Southword', 'South Circular', 'Esc' and '3am'. She has been shortlisted in the following competitions: Francis MacManus (Short Story), Penguin/RTE Guide (short story), Powers/Irish Times (flash fiction), Writing.ie/Anam Cara (flash fiction) and Aesthetica Creative Works (poetry).
- Author(s)E. R. Murray
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe Nine Lives Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 9
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.