Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionNewbery medalist Cynthia Voigt presents a rollicking mystery in three acts! Max's parents are missing. They are actors, and thus unpredictable, but sailing away, leaving Max with only a cryptic te, is unusual even for them. Did they intend to leave him behind? Have they been kidnapped? Until he can figure it out, Max feels it's safer to keep a low profile. Hiding out is problem for a child of the theater. Max has played many roles, he can be whoever he needs to be to blend in. But finding a job is tricky, matter what costume he dons. Ironically, it turns out Max has a talent for finding things. He finds a runaway child, a stray dog, a missing heirloom, a lost love. . . . So is he a finder? A detective? No, it's more. Max finds a way to solve people's problems he engineers better outcomes for them. He becomes Mister Max, Solutioneer. Now if only he could find a solution to his own problems . . . From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyCYNTHIA VOIGT is the acclaimed author of many books, including Dicey's Song, winner of the Newbery Medal, and A Solitary Blue, winner of a Newbery Honor, and Homecoming. For the body of her work, Cynthia Voigt was honored with the Margaret A. Edwards Award for Outstanding Literature for Young Adults. She lives with her husband in Maine.
- Author(s)Cynthia Voigt
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMister Max
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width122 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)Iacopo Bruno
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.