All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this completely revised and updated classic, Matson describes in lively detail all the elements of firelight-beginning with an explanation of the lighting system he developed from his Vermont home. * The romantic history and modern molding of candlepower * Traditional kerosene lamps * The versatile Aladdin * Liquid propane (LP) gas lights * Kerosene and gas pressure lanterns (the Coleman) * Incandescent mantle safety * The Return of Firelight from glass-fronted hearths and stoves In addition, Matson shows how to select, assemble, install, and safely maintain these n-electric sources of light. This guide will be indispensable for vacation homes, camps, boats, RVs, independent homesteads-and anywhere in a blackout.
- Author BiographyTim Matson, a writer and aquaculture consultant, has been advising people how to build and maintain ponds and wetlands for more than 25 years through Earth Ponds, his pond design and restoration consulting firm. His writing has appeared in Yankee, Harrowsmith Country Life, Country Journal, and Vermont Life. He lives in Thetford Center, Vermont.
- Author(s)Tim Matson
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication09/05/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight170 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.