Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever desired to be able to read Hebrew directly from the original Biblical text? The Book of Ruth is part of a series which features a revolutionary new method of reading and studying Biblical Hebrew. The Hebrew in Living Color series shows every part of every Hebrew word in colors which correspond to their English equivalent. Careful translation and colorization takes you line-by-line through the Book of Ruth. The easy-to-understand corresponding colorized translation is shown on the right side of every Hebrew line of Scripture. Difficult words are explained on the same page where they occur. No longer must you search through all of your resource books when you come across a Hebrew word or phrase that stumps you. Everything is explained right before your eyes... and in full living color! The author, J. Steven Babbit, devoloped this colorized teaching system while teaching mathematics and algebra to students who had previously struggled to understand complex algebraic formulas. Their amazing success inspired him to apply this same system of teaching to learning Hebrew. Look for more Biblical books to be published in full living color: Genesis and Exodus, and other Biblical books to follow.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author J. Steven Babbit began studying Hebrew in 1971 while living and working on Kibbutz Gevulot in Israel. For years afterwards, his keen interest in Hebrew motivated him to study the language on his own, especially during his years as an undergraduate student at Western Washington University. As a graduate student at Talbot Theological Seminary in 1984, he had the opportunity to continue his Hebrew studies under Dr. Richard Rigsby, one of the leading Biblical Hebrew scholars in America and a contributing translator to the New American Standard Bible. In 2004, Babbit studied Modern Hebrew at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. Since 1975, Babbit has worked as a secondary public school teacher. Over a period spanning three decades, he has studied at eight different universities and has amassed nearly nine years of university-level studies in a wide variety of subjects. After retiring as from public school teaching at the end of the 2007-2008 school year, Babbit has devoted the bulk of his time to studying the Hebrew alphabet and writing system, as well as teaching adult Hebrew class at Temple Beth El in Tacoma, Washington. Detailed information about Babbit's books and/or future tours to Israel can be found the author's website: www.HebrewInLivingColor.com (This information was previously located on livingtabernacles.com) The author currently resides in Gig Harbor, Washington, but continues to spend extended periods of time in Israel. Please feel free to contact Steve any time through the above-listed web site.
- Author(s)J Steven Babbit
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Series TitleHebrew in Living Color
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.