The Book of Scams: How to Spot Fraudsters and Avoid Becoming the Next Victim by Rodney Hobson (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.57Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern communications have enabled fraudsters to operate on a massive scale that was previously unimaginable. Thousands of people, mainly the old and vulnerable but also those who are highly intelligent and successful, are relieved of billions of pounds each year. It is estimated that one in 20 UK bank customers were the victims of scams in 2014 alone. No-one kws the full scale of fraud because embarrassed victims often fail to report it. Despite all the publicity surrounding scams in the press, people keep falling for old tricks that often re-emerge in new guises. Scammers are ingenious, utterly ruthless and without conscience. Rodney Hobson, author of the best-selling beginners guide to stock market investing Shares Made Simple, has produced the first definitive guide to scams, categorising the different types, listing tell-tale signs and advising how to spot a fraudster and avoid becoming the next victim. This makes the basic principles behind each type of scam more recognisable and it shows how scams have evolved and re-emerged through time.Danger lurks for those unwary souls who part only too readily with their hard-earned cash and this book will help readers be alert to the risks. It is also meant to entertain, as we learn to grudgingly admire as well as despise the ingenious crooks who lurk in the shadows.
- Author BiographyRodney Hobson is an experienced financial journalist who has held senior editorial positions with publications in the UK and Asia and is currently Editor of Ipreo, an international financial services group. Among posts he has held are News Editor for the Business section of The Times, Business Editor of the Singapore Monitor, Deputy Business Editor of the Far Eastern Economic Review, Head of News at Citywire and Editor of Shares magazine. He has also contributed to the Daily Mail, the Independent and Business Franchise Magazine. Rodney is the author of financial titles Shares Made Simple, now in its second edition (9780857192356), Small Companies, Big Profits (9781905641789), Understanding Company News (9781906659226), How to Build a Share Portfolio (9780857190215) and The Dividend Investor (9780857190963). He also writes the Detective Inspector Paul Amos Lincolnshire Mystery series of book (Dead Money, and Unlikely Graves). He is registered as a Representative with the Financial Services Authority. Rodney is married with one daughter.
- Author(s)Rodney Hobson
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.