All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPigs and puppies, cats and meerkats, babies and grown-ups - all creatures sleep, but even so, sleep can take us by surprise. With an artist's eye, Arlene Alda has created a remarkably warm and intimate collection of images that capture the peace and magic of dreams. Young children will delight in the realization that no matter where or what we are, every living thing shares the same need for comfort, safety, and renewal. Perfect for anytime, but especially at bedtime, The Book of ZZZs will help little ones accept that rest is as natural as play, and that there is time for both in a busy day. Minimal text, perfect for fledgling readers, whispers quietly along with the images and adds a poetic quality to this visual treat. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyArlene Alda is an award-winning photographer and writer whose photographs have appeared in Life, Vogue, and People and in numerous galleries. She is the author of eleven children s books including Morning Glory Monday, illustrated by Maryann Kovalski and her photographs are featured in 97 Orchard Street, New York, by Linda Granfield. A native New Yorker, Arlene Alda is the proud grandmother of seven. She lives on Long Island with her husband, actor Alan Alda. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Arlene Alda
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2011
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width180 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.