All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of our leading social and cultural historians comes a dazzling and original exploration of how, and why, we should still be reading the Bible, even if we longer believe. In The Book of the People, A. N. Wilson explores how readers and thinkers have approached the Bible over the centuries, and how it might be read today. Charting his own relationship with the Bible over a lifetime of writing, this is a deeply personal look at the author's faith and how it has shaped his life. Wilson believes that the Bible remains relevant even in a largely secular society, as a philosophical work, a work of literature and a cultural touchstone. Erudite, witty and accessible, The Book of the People seeks to recast the Good Book as a vital work for our collective imagination.
- Author BiographyA. N. Wilson grew up in Staffordshire and was educated at Rugby and New College, Oxford. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, he holds a prominent position in the world of literature and journalism. He is a prolific and award-winning biographer and celebrated novelist. He lives in North London.
- Author(s)A. N. Wilson
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight222 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.