All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarolyn L. Rosenblatt is a registered nurse and an attorney with over 40 years of combined experience. She has compiled her 9 volume series into this Complete Guide. It touches on dangerous older drivers, choosing home care workers and nursing homes, understanding assisted living, the specifics of handling money for aging parents, ways to manage sibling conflicts about elders, advice from a lawyer about how to choose a lawyer when your parent needs one, and kwing how a care manager can help you.
- Author BiographyMs. Rosenblatt is a Registered Nurse with ten years of nursing and twenty-seven years of experience as a practicing attorney. She has extensive, hands-on experience in elderly care, aging parents and working with caregivers. She has worked in hospitals and visited patients at home as a Public Health Nurse. Her law practice involved litigation and trials. She is familiar with insurance, financial and elder law issues. She is an experienced mediator, helping resolve conflicts.Ms. Rosenblatt received her nursing diploma at O'Connor Hospital School of Nursing in 1969, her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of San Francisco in 1971 and her Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Francisco in 1978. She was employed as a nurse's aide in nursing homes with geriatric patients during her studies. She began working as a nurse in acute hospitals, nursing homes, and then moved to community health nursing, both in Los Angeles County and in San Francisco. She visited thousands of geriatric patients and other patients at home, caring for those with chronic, debilitating illness, injuries, and physical and emotional problems associated with aging.She worked her way through law school as a nurse, and upon passing the Bar Exam in 1978, moved into an attorney position in a San Francisco law firm, where she began doing litigation and trial work. She continued this work for about five years, after which she started her own law practice in 1982. She represented clients in personal injury, products and elder abuse cases, doing all phases of litigation and trial work. She began to reduce her litigation work to take extensive mediation training, beginning in 2003. Her experiences in mediation revealed the need for doing consulting work with seniors, aging parents and their families and caregivers. She began Help With Elders.com with her husband, Dr. Davis in 2005 to fill the need for a multi-discipline approach to assisting those concerned with the needs of their aging parents and elders.Ms. Rosenblatt maintains membership in numerous professional organizations, and has served as past president of Marin County Trial Lawyers Association, and Marin County Women Lawyers.
- Author(s)R N Attorney Carolyn L Rosenblatt
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.