All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the border hills, rthern Northumberland and the Southern Uplands, this full-colour third edition of the guide offers a broad selection of around 50 routes, as well as outlining a number of long-distance trails which cross the region. The Border country that lies between England and Scotland is a countryside surrounded by ridge after high ridge rythmically fading into gently folding valleys, through which the Tweed and Teviot rivers flow. The area has been the scene of thousands of years of turbulent history, from the early Iron Age, through the Roman occupation, with influences down the years of both Celtic and Christian beliefs. The guide offers the hillwalker routes which will open up this broad and expansive landscape, giving a real taste of solitude and affinity with this unique area.
- Author BiographyAlan Hall is an experienced walker and full-time writer and photographer. Author of ten books on the outdoors, he is the author of several Cicerone guides, including The Border Country - A Walker's Guide and Walks in the Lammermuirs. Alan has explored many parts of the Pyrenees, Italy and Sri Lanka, plus some 20 Greek islands, of which Crete continues to be his favourite island.
- Author(s)Alan Hall
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note200 colour photos and 46 OS maps
- Weight320 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.