All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn the bestselling tradition of Larry McMurtry, a sweeping vel that tells the tale of how mighty Texas was born--w available in paperback.]</br></br> In this epic vel set in 1839, author Edwin Shrake, himself a Texan, presents a portrait of Texas as it was, a borderland between civilization and the unkwn. There were fortunes to be made, vast areas of land to be gained, and battles to be fought and won. Skillfully woven into the action-filled narrative are true historical figures, wrenching love stories, and riveting battle scenes--all ingredients of superb historical fiction. Fans of Louis L'Amour and Patrick O'Brian will be enthralled by this Texas magnum opus.
- Author BiographyNovelist and screenwriter <strong>Edwin Shrake</strong> is the co-author of the best-selling sports book of all time, <em>Harvey Penick's Little Red Book</em>. In addition to his novels--including the acclaimed Texas story <em>Blessed McGill</em>--and his work with the <em>Dallas Morning News</em> and <em>Sports Illustrated</em>, Shrake has written bestselling biographies and several feature films. He lives in Austin, Texas.
- Author(s)Edwin Shrake
- PublisherHyperion Books
- Date of Publication25/04/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHyperion Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.