Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This sweeping historical vel tells the dramatic tale of that most intriguing of Renaissance women', - Lucrezia Borgia. Incest. Poison. Betrayal. Three wedding presents for the Borgia bride! Italy 1492 Pope Alexander VI is elected. And so begins the Borgia reign of terror. Alexander murders, bribes and betrays to establish his dynasty. No one is immune. Rome is a hotbed of accusation and conspiracy. Every day, the River Tiber is full of new bodies. Sancha de Aragon, daughter of King Alfonso II of Naples, arrives in Rome newly wed to Alexander's youngest son, Jofre. Their marriage protects Naples against the ambitions of the French King Louis and gains Spanish support for the Borgias. But Rome is very different to her beloved Naples. The debauchery of the Borgia inner-circle is torious: every lust is indulged and every indiscretion overlooked. Sancha is incent: she possesses an indomitable spirit which allows her to survive in the snake-pit, but her ancestors once rivalled the Borgias in cruelty and Sancha's greatest fear is that blood will out. Lucrezia Borgia's vicious jealously stings Sancha at first, but gradually the two young women develop a cautious friendship. Lucrezia, adored by her father but used ruthlessly as a political tool, seems deceptively incent and sympathetic, and their bond strengthens when Lucrezia is married to Sancha's treasured brother, Alfonso. But when Sancha falls in love with Cesare Borgia, her husband's enigmatic older brother, she has idea of how bizarre and internecine are the family's true ties. Alexander is rather more than an indulgent father; Lucrezia t the incent she appears; and Cesare's ambition burns wildly. The only safe relationship with the Borgias is ne at all: as Sancha, her brother and Naples are soon to discover!
- Author BiographyJeanne Kalogridis was born in Florida in 1954. She earned a BA in Russian and an MA in Linguistics from the University of South Florida and went on to teach English as a Second Language at the American University in Washington, D.C. She now lives with her partner on teh West Coast of the US, sharing a house with two dogs and a bird. Her interests include yoga, Tibatan Buddhism, the occult, languages, art, and reading everything ever published.
- Author(s)Jeanne Kalogridis
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/02/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight371 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $28.83New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.83
- AU $13.82Trending at AU $16.40
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $22.45
- AU $17.03Trending at AU $19.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.