The Borough Market Cookbook: Meat and Fish by Sarah Leahey-Benjamin, Sarah Freeman (Hardback, 2007)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe Borough Market Cookbook: Meat and Fish is the result of a wonderful collaboration of devotees of the market celebrating food and cooking. 'This is a cookbook to be cherished and passed on from generation to generation. The cookbook features interviews with a some of the market's traders by Sarah Freeman, author of The Best of Modern British Cookery , which reveal the passion and process behind their livelihoods.In tandem with Sarah Leahey-Benjamin, a cookery teacher at Divertimenti, they have created 150 recipes that bring out the best of cooking with fresh produce, all of which is available through the Borough Market. The recipes cover canapes, starters, main courses and signature dishes sourced from producers and traders who are relentlessly passionate about their livestock and livelihood and for whom provenance is paramount. The book is illustrated with the evocative photography of George Nicholson, Former Chairman of the Borough Trustees, who has been travelling around the country visiting meat and fish traders in their own back yard capturing images of the producers at work.This is the first in a series of cookbooks featuring the traders in the market and their produce.Publisher, Tobias Steed, says: Sarah Freeman through her interviews has seen the spirit with which these dedicated professionals have passionately pursued their work. George with his photography has done a wonderful job of extracting the essence of the traders in their own landscape. He has avoided any sentimentality and has maintained the dignity of the animals he has captured with his photography. The book is t only a true testament to the quality of the produce available through the market, but with the fabulous recipes created by Sarah Freeman and Sarah Leahy Benjamin an essential tool for all market goers. I am proud to be associated with this book. The cookbook also addresses the importance of issues such as market shopping -vs- supermarket shopping and and advice on how to shop in markets, 'slow food' and sustainability. Borough Market Cookbook has been designed by Catherine Dixon, a professor at St Martins College of Art & Design and features illustrations by short-listed V&A Student Illustrator of the Year, Emma Lofstrom.
- Author(s)Sarah Freeman,Sarah Leahey-Benjamin
- PublisherCan of Worms Press
- Date of Publication24/11/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCivic Books
- Content Note100 photographs, 10 illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width170 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRachel De Thample,Tobias Steed
- Illustrator(s)Emma Lofstrom
- Photographer(s)George Nicholson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.