All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSail at 4 a.m., said Captain Jack Templeton of the U.S.S. Plymouth, laying down the long manila envelope marked Secret. Ackwledge by signal, he directed the ship's messenger, and then looked inquiringly about the wardroom table. Aye, aye, sir, said the first officer, Lieutenant Frank Chadwick. Ready at four, sir, said the engineer officer, Thomas; and left his dinner for a short trip to the engine room to push some belated repairs. Send a patrol ashore to round up the liberty party, continued Captain Templeton, this time addressing the junior watch officer. Tell them to be aboard at midnight instead of eight in the morning. Aye, aye, sir, said the junior watch officer, and departed in haste. There was ne of the bustle and confusion aboard the U.S.S. Plymouth, at that moment lying idle in a British port, that the landsman would commonly associate with sailing orders to a great destroyer. Blowers began to hum in the fire rooms. The torpedo gunner's mates slipped detonators in the warheads and looked to the rack load of depth charges. The steward made a last trip across to the depot ship. Otherwise, things ran on very much as before.
- Author(s)Clair W Hayes
- Date of Publication19/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.