The Boy Born Dead: A Story of Friendship, Courage, and Triumph by David Ring, John Driver, David Wideman (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1953, in Jonesboro, Arkansas, a baby boy was born--dead. The attending physician set his little body aside and tended to his mother for eighteen minutes. Now, more than sixty years later, that boy leads an internationally kwn ministry that encourages hundreds of thousands every year. The Boy Born Dead tells his incredible story from the perspective of his best friend, David Wideman. As a teenager in the small town of Liberty, Missouri, in the late 1960s, David Ring grew up with the challenges that come with cerebral palsy, a result of his eighteen minutes of newborn silence. Along with his physical limitations, Ring was orphaned and shuffled from home to home, finally landing in an abusive situation that made him feel unworthy of love and, eventually, unworthy of life. But God had a purpose for Ring's life, and sent an agent to help him achieve it. Through the friendship of David Wideman, a boy he met in the halls of Liberty High School, Ring found strength he didn't kw he had and went on to face his demons, marry the love of his life, and start an international speaking ministry. Full of hope, this moving story illustrates how friendship and love triumph over adversity. Anyone who faces tough times will treasure this story of hope and courage.
- Author BiographyDavid Ring has been an internationally known speaker since 1973, sharing his story with over 100,000 people each year at churches, conventions, schools, and corporate events. He is frequently featured on national television outlets, such as TBN's Praise the Lord, The Old-Time Gospel Hour with Dr. Jerry Falwell, and Focus on the Family. He and his wife, Karen, live in Nashville, Tennessee. They have four children and three grandchildren. John Driver is an educator-turned-pastor and ministry leader who created Ignition 7, a global initiative of videos, books, apps, and resources crafted to equip people to be sustained in their faith. He is the author or coauthor of more than a dozen books, including Reggie: You Can't Change Your Past, But You Can Change Your Future (with Reggie Dabbs) and the upcoming Diary of a Jackwagon (with comedian Tim Hawkins). He lives with his wife and daughter, Laura and Sadie, in Tennessee. David Wideman has been a pastor at Christ Journey Church in Coral Gables, Florida, since 1983. As executive pastor for campus operations, he oversees the finances, facilities, and staffing for a multi-campus church reaching thousands on physical campuses and online. He and his wife, Jenna, have two adult children and live in Miami, Florida.
- Author(s)David Ring,David Wideman,John Driver
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.