All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1New York Times bestselling story about American Olympic triumph in Nazi Germany and w the inspiration for the forthcoming PBS documentary Boys of 36 For readers ofUnbroken, out of the depths of the Depression comes an irresistible story about beating the odds and finding hope in the most desperate of times the improbable, intimate account of how nine working-class boys from the American West showed the world at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin what true grit really meant. It was an unlikely quest from the start. With a team composed of the sons of loggers, shipyard workers, and farmers, the University of Washington s eight-oar crew team was never expected to defeat the elite teams of the East Coast and Great Britain, yet they did, going on to shock the world by defeating the German team rowing for Adolf Hitler. The emotional heart of the tale lies with Joe Rantz, a teenager without family or prospects, who rows t only to regain his shattered self-regard but also to find a real place for himself in the world. Drawing on the boys own journals and vivid memories of a once-in-a-lifetime shared dream, Brown has created an unforgettable portrait of an era, a celebration of a remarkable achievement, and a chronicle of one extraordinary young man s personal quest.
- Author BiographyDaniel James Brown is the author of two previous nonfiction books, The Indifferent Stars Above and Under a Flaming Sky, which was a finalist for a Barnes & Noble Discover Award. He has taught writing at San Jose State University and Stanford University. Helives outsideSeattle.
- Author(s)Daniel James Brown
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight181 g
- Width145 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Read byEdward Herrmann
- Contained items statement12 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time870
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.