All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do we do and say the things we do and say? The Brain: Journey Through the Universe Inside Your Head introduces students to the fascinating world of the human brain and its effect on behavior. Readers learn about the main anatomy and functions of the brain while discovering the brain's role in learning, memory, communication, and emotions. Kids also read about new techlogies being used to research the brain in its various states of performance while being introduced to the effects of sleep, alcohol, and exercise on our most complex organ. Combining hands-on activities with neuroscience, anatomy, and psychology, The Brain includes projects such as building a 3-D brain model and testing how the brain adapts to a new situation. The Brain integrates a digital learning component by providing links to primary sources, videos, and other relevant websites. Additional materials include a glossary, timeline, and a list of current reference works. The Brain is a unique opportunity to connect behavior, physiology, and the outside world in one amazing place--your head! This title meets Common Core State Standards for literacy in science and techlogy; Guided Reading Levels and Lexile measurements indicate grade level and text complexity.
- Author BiographyCarla Mooney is the author of several books for young readers including Forensics: Uncover the Science and Technology of Crime Scene Investigation, The Industrial Revolution: Investigate How Science and Technology Changed the World, Explore Rivers and Ponds! With 25 Projects, and Rocketry: Investigate the Science and Technology of Rockets and Ballistics. Her work has appeared in many magazines including Highlights, Faces, and Learning Through History. Carla lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Tom Casteel is an illustrator and cartoonist with a master's degree from the Center for Cartoon Studies. Tom has illustrated several books for Nomad Press, including Natural Disasters: Investigate Earth's Most Destructive Forces with 25 Projects; Cities: Discover How They Work with 25 Projects; Explorers of the New World: Discover the Golden Age of Exploration with 22 Projects; and Maya: Amazing Inventions You Can Build Yourself with 25 Projects. Tom lives in South Bend, Indiana.
- Author(s)Carla Mooney
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleInquire and Investigate
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout, charts throughout, tables throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Casteel
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $25.08
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.