All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe branch lines of Oxfordshire were t so numerous as those of some other counties, but they carried a wide variety of locomotives and rolling stock, and included specialist lines such as those for Morris Cowley, as well as branches of the Great Western Railway. Many of the lines centred on the county town, Oxford, and though a number were short, some, such as those to Fairford and Bletchley, were longer. Most of the lines were rural, but some formed part of a through route, such as the Cheltenham-Banbury, Paddington-Thame-Oxford, Paddington-Birmingham and Oxford-Cambridge lines. Among those lines which have rarely been reviewed in publications are the Bicester Military Railway, the Wroxton Quarry Railway and the Chinr and Princes Risborough Railway. All Oxfordshire's branch lines are described here in an entertaining and informative text that brings their history to life. A brief account is given of the county's main railway routes before each branch is looked at in detail. The book is illustrated with over 190 black and white photographs, maps and ephemera which capture the history of Oxfordshire's railways. Carefully researched and attractively presented, The Branch Lines of Oxfordshire will appeal to railway enthusiasts, modellers, local historians and anyone interested in Britain's industrial heritage.
- Author BiographyColin G. Maggs is a highly respected authority on railways, having written more than sixty books about them as well as innumerable magazine articles. He has also made several TV and radio appearances. In 1993 he received the MBE for services to railway history. Colin lives in Bath.
- Author(s)Colin G. Maggs
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note232
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.