The Bravehearts Toolbox for Practitioners Working with Sexual Assault by Sam Vidler, Nadine McKillop, Carol Ronken (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining the expertise of both researchers and practitioners specialising in the area of child sexual assault, this book provides an invative, evidence-based approach to working with children and young people affected by sexual assault. It is an essential guide for general counsellors, school counsellors, psychologists, youth workers, chaplains, mental health practitioners and other allied health professionals, to provide them with the necessary information and skills to support children and young people affected by sexual assault. Its purpose is to build the confidence of these front-line workers and to reassure them that they do in fact possess the necessary skills to continue to work with their client once the issue of sexual assault has been raised.
- Author BiographyNadine McKillop has extensive experience counselling both victims and offenders in Australia and abroad. Nadine's qualifications include a BA(Criminology and Criminal Justice), Bachelor of Behavioural Science and Bachelor of Psychology (Honours). For the past decade her practice has focused predominantly on child sexual assault. Nadine worked for Bravehearts as a psychologist until January 2010. Dedicated to continued research in this area, Nadine is a currently completing a Doctorate of Philosophy examining developmental and situational risk factors associated with the onset of child sexual assault, with a focus on informing primary prevention initiatives. Carol Ronken worked as a researcher and Associate Lecturer at Griffith University in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice before joining Bravehearts in early 2003. With a BA(Psych) and Masters in Social Research, Carol is the Research Manager for Bravehearts and is passionate about ensuring the organisation's active involvement in research, policy and legislative development that aims to prevent, respond to, and ultimately reduce the incidence of child sexual assault in the community. Sam Vidler is a qualified counsellor who has been supporting children and families affected by sexual assault for several years. Sam's qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts and Graduate Diploma in Counselling. She is currently undertaking a postgraduate degree in psychology. In addition to working therapeutically with children, young people and parents, Sam was employed as the as Bravehearts' Therapeutic Services Manager until November 2010.
- Author(s)Carol Ronken,Nadine McKillop,Sam Vidler
- PublisherAustralian Academic Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBowen Hills, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width176 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.