All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany women believe breast cancer is a result of bad genes and bad luck. The truth is, only 5 to 10 percent of breast cancer cases are genetic. In The Breast Cancer Prevention Guide, Dr. Sandra Cabot and naturopath Margaret Jasinska explain the real risk factors for breast cancer and what you can do to greatly reduce your risk. You will probably be surprised to kw that oral contraceptives increase the risk of breast cancer by 44 percent when taken before a woman's first pregnancy; iodine deficiency increases the risk of fibrocystic breast disease, which is a precursor to breast cancer; and women who are overweight or insulin resistant are 50 percent more likely to be diagsed with advanced breast cancer. This book describes all of the breast cancer screening methods available to women and contains a comprehensive plan to help you prevent breast cancer, based on the latest scientific research.
- Author BiographySandra Cabot is a medical doctor who graduated with honors in medicine and surgery from the University of Adelaide, South Australia in 1975. As part of her extracurricular medical training, she studied herbal medicine and nutritional medicine. Dr. Cabot began her medical career in 1980 as an obstetrician-gynecologist and practiced in Sydney Australia. During the mid 1980s she spent considerable time working as a volunteer doctor at the Leyman hospital, which was the largest missionary hospital in India. Her first book, titled Women's Health, was an authoritative holistic health guide. Subsequently she wrote several more groundbreaking books including The Liver Cleansing Diet, which has sold well over two million copies worldwide. She has written twenty-two other health titles. Margaret Jasinska is a naturopath who has been in clinical practice for more than ten years. She is a keen author and researcher and has co-authored six books with Dr. Cabot.
- Author(s)Margaret Jasinska Nd,Sandra Cabot MD
- PublisherSCB International
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSCB International
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.