All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the opportunity to create the next generation of life a dream come true or a deadly nightmare? A powerful story about the meaning and value of life--we don't have eugh of those. Terry Trueman, Printz Hor author, Stuck in Neutral When seventeen year old Katherine Dennard is selected to become a Creation Specialist in Sector 4, the opportunity sounds like a dream come true. But Kate soon discovers the darker side of her profession - the disposal of fetal organs and destruction of human life. It makes sense, really. In a society where disease and malformations don't exist, human perfection demands that genetic mutants be allowed to live. For Sector 4, survival of the fittest is t just a theory - it's The Institute's main mission. When Kate discovers that The Institute is using her DNA to create new life, her work gets personal. In order to save her unviable son, she'll have to trust Micah and his band of underground Natural Born Rebels. The problem is, if The Institute discovers her betrayal, the next body being disposed of could be hers. 18 September 2015, BBC News: UK scientists are seeking permission to genetically modify human embryos ...
- Author BiographyJ. Andersen lives in a small town in Western New York with her husband and three kids. A former English teacher, she now spends her time writing while the kids are at school and the toddler is sleeping. She volunteers at the local library, helps to run a School of the Arts at her church, and sings in the church band. You will rarely find her without a book in her hand and that s the way she d like to keep it. You can find information about her books at: jandersenbooks.com
- Author(s)J Andersen
- PublisherLighthouse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLighthouse Publishing
- Out-of-print date27/10/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.