All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book draws upon a wide range of archaeological and literary material to provide a history of one of the most distinctive and individualistic regions of France and its people, from prehistoric times to the present. Focusing upon such themes as trade, settlement, agriclture, transport, population, religion, art and languages, the authors explore the characteristics of a society which has combined peoples from two different linguistic and cultural traditions in a long-enduring political union.
- Author BiographyPatrick Galliou is Reader at the Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (Brest) and also teaches at the Universite of Haute Bretagne (Rennes). Most of his published work concerns Iron Age and Roman Brittany, and he is currently involved in a major survey of North-Western Gaul. Michael Jones is Professor of Medieval French History at the University of Nottingham. For some years he has been involved in a major multidisciplinary study of Breton seigneurial buildings, and he has also worked on the Romanesque town house of Cluny. He is Editor of Nottingham Medieval Studies and of Volume VI of the New Cambridge Medieval History.
- Author(s)Michael Jones,Patrick Galliou
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/1996
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitlePeoples of Europe
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note10
- Weight528 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.