All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- Description<b>The <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of the Inspector Montalba series brings us back to Vigata in the nineteenth century for a rip-roaring comic vel.</b> 1870s Sicily. Much to the displeasure of Vigata s stubborn populace, the town has just been unified under the Kingdom of Italy. They re w in the hands of a new government they don t understand, and they definitely don t like. Eugenio Bortuzzi has been named Prefect for Vigata, a regional representative from the Italian government to oversee the town. But the rowdy and unruly Sicilians don t care much for this rather pompous mainlander r the mediocre opera he s hell-bent on producing in their new municipal theater. <i>The Brewer of Preston</i>, it s called, and the Vigatese are revving up to wreak havoc on the performance s opening night.
- Author Biography<b>Andrea Camilleri</b> is the bestselling author of the popular Inspector Montalbano mystery series. He lives in Rome. <b>Stephen Sartarelli </b>is an award-winning translator and poet. He lives in France.
- Author(s)Andrea Camilleri
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight200 g
- Width124 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byMr Stephen Sartarelli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.