All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.31Free postage
- AU $29.64Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a 13 year old told photographer Brandon Stanton that his principal, Ms. Lopez, was the person who most influenced his life, it started a lucky landslide for Nadia Lopez and her small, public school in one of Brooklyn's most wretched communities. The posting on Stanton's wildly popular site Humans of New York went viral. Lopez found herself in the national spotlight and headed for a meeting with Obama, as well as the beneficiary of a million-dollar IndieGoGo campaign for the school. Here is her first-person account of what it took to get to that moment.
- Author BiographyNadia Lopez is the founding principal of Mott Hall Bridges Academy, a model for quality education that includes a safe, nurturing, and innovative learning environment. Since being featured on Humans of New York in February of 2015, she has been profiled in countless national media outlets, has been invited to speak at Harvard, and was invited to the White House, and delivered a TED Talk on the Revolution of Education. She is the recipient of the 2015 Black Girls Rock Change Agent Award and the 2015 Barnard College Medal of Distinction Awardee.
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViking Press Inc
- Weight386 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.