All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrimming with warmth and wit, Susan Duncan's first vel is a delicious tale of friendship and love, and the search for a place to call home...Ettie Brookbank is the heart and soul of Cook's Basin, a sleepy cluster of dazzling blue bays where the only way home is by boat. However, as idyllic as her surroundings are, she is all too aware of the years slipping by without te. While her good friend Sam, an offshorer born and bred, steadfastly guards the tranquillity of Cook's Basin life, Ettie yearns for excitement, a challenge, the chance to live dangerously while her blood still runs hot. But she gave up believing in dreams long ago. Then fate offers her a lifeline - the chance to breathe new life into a beloved local landmark. Ettie's salvation, it seems, is a lopsided little cafe on the water's edge ...
- Author BiographyAfter a 25-year career spanning radio, newspaper and magazine journalism, Susan Duncan woke up one morning and chucked in her job. The decision followed the deaths of her husband and brother. After struggling to begin again, she finally found her own patch of paradise on earth only to discover it might already be too late when she was diagnosed with cancer herself. Today Susan lives with her second husband, Bob, on the shores of Pittwater at Tarrangaua, the beautiful home built for poet Dorothea Mackellar in 1925. Susan's bestselling memoir, Salvation Creek, won the 2007 Nielsen BookData Booksellers Choice Award and was shortlisted for the prestigious Dobbie Award, part of the Nita B Kibble awards for women writers. She has now turned her hand to fiction, with her first novel The Briny Cafe, set in a fictional Pittwater.
- Author(s)Susan Duncan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication20/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- Weight264 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.