All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting and comprehensive text takes students, trainees and professionals into the world of the modern-day newsroom, covering both key techniques and theory in detail. The second edition has been revised and updated to include all the technical, regulatory and theoretical advances in recent broadcast custom and practice and is influenced by newsrooms around the country. Main features: * Complete coverage of all the key skills: news gathering, interviewing, writing and story-telling, live/location-reporting, online, editing, graphics and presentation. * Expert advice and contributions from leading broadcast journalists from the BBC, ITV and Sky News. * The Essential Guide, a section on how to get a job, the law and an up-to-date glossary of broadcasting terms. * Workshops and Exercises, which provides the opportunity to practise key skills. * Case Study, A Closer Look and Thinkpiece boxes help put the theory into context. * Remember and Tip boxes summarise key concepts and offer guidance. * A DVD demonstrating filming techniques and editing ideas. New for the second edition: * Greater emphasis on online elements of broadcast journalism and the role of social media in news gathering. * A focus on the interactive nature of the contemporary news process - how to find user-generated content, empower audiences and engage listeners and viewers. * The key skills required for students taking the new NCTJ Broadcast Journalism exams. Ideal for students on journalism courses at all levels, this text is also useful for professionals and trainees working in broadcast, print and other media, and those looking at broadcast journalism in the wider context of media studies.
- Author BiographyGary Hudson, Department of Film, Journalism and Broadcast Media, Staffordshire University. Sarah Rowlands, Department of Film, Journalism and Broadcast Media, Staffordshire University.
- Author(s)Gary Hudson,Sarah Rowlands
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight952 g
- Width197 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.