All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection provides a representative set of theatrical performances popular on the nineteenth-century British stage. All are newly edited critical editions that account for variant sources reflecting the process of rehearsal, licensing, and production. Detailed introductions and extensive tes explain the texts' relationship to repertoires, the circulating discourses of intelligibility that constantly recombine in performance. The plays address the topical concerns of slavery, imperial conquest, capitalism, interculturalism, uprisings at home and abroad, modernist aesthetic invation, and the celebration of collective identities. Adaptations from vels, travelogues, and other plays are discussed along with the theatrical history that sustained these works on the stage.
- Author BiographyTracy C. Davis is Barber Professor of Performing Arts and Professor of English and Theatre at Northwestern University.
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content Note33 illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byTracy C. Davis
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.