All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMiddle school readers will easily relate to the situational humor and school life, but everyone should read this book for its message.The Bubble Wrap Boyis perfect for fans of R.J. Palacio sWonderand will be an excellent addition to any library or classroom. VOYA A funny and inspiring vel about friendship, family, and one undersized boy s ability to think BIG. Charlie Han s troubles are much bigger than he is. At school he s branded an outsider, a loser the tiny kid from the Chinese takeout. His only ally is Sinus Sedgely, a kid with a lower-level reputation than Charlie himself. Life at home isn t much better. His dad is more skilled with a wok than he is with words, and his mom is suffocating the life out of Charlie, worried about his every move. But when a new passion leads Charlie to the mother of all confrontations, he finds his real mom has been hiding a massive secret. A secret that, while shocking, might actually lead Charlie to feeling ten feet tall. Charlie is a character to root for. He is witty and perceptive and has a secretweapon in his best friend, Sinus Sedgely. Booklist Family drama with a solid mix of action, adventure, and humor. School Library Journal In the fast-growing bullying genre, Charlie s story stands out. Kirkus Reviews Charlie s amusing sarcasm masks a vulnerability that will resonate with anyone who has felt like an outsider. The humiliation of being the butt of a joke is sensitively rendered, as is Charlie s slow reclamation of his pride in this witty, true-to-life story. Publishers Weekly
- Author BiographyPhil Earle s first job was as a social worker in a children s home, an experience that influenced the ideas behind his first novel, Being Billy. He then trained as a drama therapist and worked in south London, caring for traumatized and abused adolescents. After a couple of years in the care sector, Phil chose the more sedate lifestyle of a bookseller, and now works in children s publishing. Visit Phil at philearle.com and follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
- Author(s)Phil Earle
- PublisherYearling Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling Books
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.