All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionSayings and quotes that people place on a desktop or post on an office wall often represent a personal credo, a statement of values, a guiding principle they intend to follow on a path to success. By placing the sign The Buck Stops Here on his desk, President Truman was stating categorically that he was responsible for all decisions made in the Oval Office. It was his constant reminder that one else would the blame for the way the country was governed. Just as his desk sign came to express Truman's decisiveness and accountability, we have found many other examples, 77 to be exact, in which successful people have used words of wisdom as daily inspiration. The compelling collection of desk signs and office wall mottos in this book offer a reminder of the importance of individual vision and commitment as they display values, purpose and beliefs, aspirations and philosophy. It's a fascinating view into social, ecomic and political history, as well as the individual influences on a remarkable group of accomplished men and women. You'll love discovering the secrets of their success.
- Author BiographyHorace Martin Woodhouse is a trained historian and cultural anthropologist who has used his skills as researcher and writer to create a series of books that have become truly influential as time passes.
- Author(s)Horace Martin Woodhouse
- PublisherHistory Company
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHistory Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.