All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA warm and stimulating book, this text describes the India into which the Buddha was born, recounts what is kwn of his life and the development of his teachings, and then follows the course of Buddhism through succeeding centuries in India and Sri Lanka. Far from being a recluse concerned only with an inner mystical experience, the Buddha always involved himself closely in the social and political world of his time. If he preached detachment from many of the things by which ordinary men are tied, he did so as a means of enriching life rather than escaping it. These examinations and more make this a book to reveal the social-revolutionary potential of Buddhism.
- Author BiographyTrevor Ling was a cleric, theologian, and scholar who pioneered the study of comparative religion in British universities. He was the author of Buddhism and the Mythology of Evil, A Dictionary of Buddhism, and A History of Religion East and West. Paul R. Fleischman, MD, is the former chief resident at the Yale University School of Medicine and was a psychiatric consultant to numerous New England hospitals and clinics. He is the author of numerous articles and nine books, including Cultivating Inner Peace and Karma and Chaos.
- Author(s)Trevor Ling
- PublisherPariyatti Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationOnalaska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Publishing
- Content Note10 b/w photos
- Weight412 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byPaul R. Fleischman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.