Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past fifteen years, Ireland has gone from being one of the poorest countries in the EU to one of the richest in the world. Of all the factors in this extraordinary transformation, ne has been more prominent than the astonishing boom in construction. The transformation was created by a relatively small number of men, mostly from humble rural backgrounds. In The Builders , Frank McDonald and Kathy Sheridan tell the stories of these men, of the local and national governments that have helped them, and of the changes - physical and psychological - they have brought about. They also go behind the facades of these secretive men, explaining what drives them and what they do with their vast wealth. The story of Ireland's property developers has been the great untold story of the country's growth - until w.
- Author BiographyFrank McDonald is Environment Editor of the Irish Times and author of books including The Destruction of Dublin and The Construction of Dublin. Kathy Sheridan is an Irish Times staff journalist.
- Author(s)Frank McDonald,Kathy Sheridan
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintPenguin Ireland
- Out-of-print date03/05/2012
- Content Note100
- Weight439 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byWally H. W. Tuttlebee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.