The Bull Inside the Bear: Finding New Investment Opportunities in Today's Fast-Changing Financial Markets by Robert Stein (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe meltdown in the credit markets, the decline in housing prices, and the turmoil in the stock market has rocked the world of the everyday investor. The idea that home ownership and the stock market are the best long-term investments suddenly has been thrown into question. Bearish investment experts are touting historical research that suggests both real estate values and the stock market could stagnate for years to come, thus imperiling the retirement planning of millions of Americans. In The Bull Inside the Bear, investment manager and former Federal Reserve ecomist Rob Stein argues that the ecomy is entering uncharted water and investors need to actively manager their portfolios to take advantage of new opportunities and avoid risky sectors. No longer can investors simply rely on a buy and hold strategy. The key will be to stay nimble and be ready to increase stock holdings if the ecomy recovers strongly and be ready to substantially reduce stock holdings if the current problems continue to weigh down ecomic performance. Moreover, investors must be open to weighting their portfolios in favor of hot sectors depending on ecomic and financial market performance. Stein argues that it will take several years for the credit markets to stabilize following the crash of the Greenspan-driven credit expansion, which will make investing far more volatile and unpredictable than previously. But by adroitly moving in and out of exchange-traded funds, individual investors will be able to prosper in this new and challenging investment environment.
- Author BiographyRobert Stein is an economist, portfolio manager, and Senior Partner of Astor Asset Management, LLC, which uses a macroeconomic model to make investment decisions. Stein is also managing partner of ETFPort.com, the Web's premier location to find and research exchange-traded funds. He writes frequently about the markets, and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal , BusinessWeek , the New York Ti mes, and USA Today , and can be seen on CNN, CNBC, Fox News, Bloomberg Television, and ABC News.
- Author(s)Robert Stein
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width159 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.