All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book covers the theory and practice of Business Improvement Districts or BIDs - partnerships between local communities and governments established to revitalize neighborhoods and catalyze ecomic development in a region. In this book, author Seth Grossman demonstrates the ways in which BIDs work, pull stakeholders together, and acquire funds to manage the difficult process of community revitalization especially in urbanized, threatened town centers. BIDs also blur traditional lines between public and private organizations, and their governance raises critical new questions about democratic representation, accountability, transparency, and responsiveness. As this book illustrates, BID managers act as public entrepreneurs, and management in the public realm requires community development skills (community planning, organization and leadership) and ecomic expertise (jobs, business development, housing and public infrastructure). Through an in-depth examination of Business Improvement Districts and their managers we begin to see that the future of public administration might longer be contained behind the walls of formal government, with an increasing number of public administrators defining and creating public solutions to real life commercial problems. This book is essential reading for all practicing urban and regional administrators and government officials, as well as students studying public administration, public management, and urban and regional politics.
- Author BiographySeth A. Grossman is Executive Director of the Ironbound Business Improvement District (IBID) in Newark, NJ (USA), and President of Cooperative Professional Services, a consultancy which provides research, planning, management services to Business Improvement Districts (BIDs). He designed and administered the Business Improvement District Program for the State of New Jersey (USA). He designed and directs the Rutgers University-Newark, NJ, National Center of Public Performance's Institute of Business District Management.
- Author(s)Seth A. Grossman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.22Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.