All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a fresh look at how caring for Medicare beneficiaries can lead to success in today's healthcare marketplace. Using examples from highly successful practice models, the book will take the reader through the key components necessary to run a profitable geriatric practice. The author, who co-founded what became one of the largest geriatric private practices in the country, discusses each part of the continuum of care from the perspective of the provider-client relationship, highlighting the importance of business cultures in this environment. The text also features an overview of payment models, starting with traditional fee-for-service, insurance (Medicare HMO's), and finishing with the concept of bundled payment models that have been heralded as the future of physician reimbursement. Finally, this book focuses on the practical aspects of business planning, budgeting and hiring and concludes with chapters about the key challenges faced by a geriatric practice, focusing on provider productivity, coding and billing, and dealing with potential competition in the marketplace. The Business of Geriatrics is the ultimate business guide for primary care physicians, geriatricians, residents, medical students, healthcare administrators, policymakers, business and medical administrative students, and practice managers.
- Author BiographyDr. Michael Wasserman completed his medical degree at the University of Texas, Medical Branch before completing his residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. cofounded Senior Care of Colorado, which became the largest privately owned primary care geriatric practice in the country within ten years. Dr. Wasserman previously was president and chief medical officer for GeriMed of America, a geriatric medical management company in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Wasserman is past chair of the American Geriatric Society's Managed Care Task Force and presently serves on the Public Policy Committee. He was formerly a public commissioner for the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission. He actively supports the Wish of a Lifetime Foundation and previously served on the Board of the Denver Hospice. Dr. Wasserman has spoken extensively and been published on a variety of topics, involving geriatrics, Alzheimer's disease, practice management, and managed care.
- Author(s)Michael Wasserman
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight351 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.