All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the business of opera has taken on new importance in the present harsh ecomic climate for the arts. This book presents research that sheds new light on a range of aspects concerning marketing, audience development, promotion, arts administration and ecomic issues that beset professionals working in the opera world. The editors' aim has been to assemble a coherent collection of essays that engage with a single theme (business), but differ in topic and critical perspective. The collection is distinguished by its concern with the business of opera here and w in a globalized market. This includes newly commissioned operas, sponsorship, state funding, and production and marketing of historic operas in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyAnastasia Belina-Johnson is Deputy Head of Undergraduate Programmes at the Royal College of Music, London, the author of Die tagliche Muhe ein Mensch zu sein (2013) and A Musician Divided: Andre Tchaikowsky in his own Words (2013), and co-editor of Wagner in Russia, Poland and the Czech Lands: Musical, Literary, and Cultural Perspectives (2013). She is currently researching the performance and reception of Silver Age operetta in Poland between 1906 and 1939. Derek B. Scott is Professor of Critical Musicology at the University of Leeds, UK. His books include: From the Erotic to the Demonic (2003), Sounds of the Metropolis (2008), and Musical Style and Social Meaning (2010). Among his edited books is The Ashgate Research Companion to Popular Musicology (2009).
- Author(s)Anastasia Belina-Johnson,Professor Derek B. Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAshgate Interdisciplinary Studies in Opera
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 7 b&w illustrations and 2 music examples
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Roberta Montemorra Marvin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.