All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Business of Projects broke ground when it was first published in 2005, by showing how leading businesses create and implement projects to drive strategy and invation. Projects are used to coordinate activities with customers and suppliers and ensure that organisations become more dynamic and adaptable. The book extends the resource-based view of the firm to focus on the business lessons learned from the design and production of high-value complex products and systems (CoPS), which have always been project-based. As well as frameworks and management tools, it provides case studies of high-techlogy industries - such as telecommunications, flight simulation and medical devices - to show how projects are used to achieve strategic objectives, perform systems integration, organise productive activities, manage software, achieve organisational learning and deliver solutions for customers. This book is essential reading for project professionals, academics, students, engineers, managers and policy makers seeking a strategic, invative perspective on projects.
- Author BiographyDr Andrew Davies is a Senior Fellow of SPRU and Deputy Director of the Complex Product Systems Innovation Centre at the University of Sussex. Professor Michael Hobday is co-Director of the Complex Product Systems Innovation Centre at the University of Sussex and Professor of Innovation at Brighton University.
- Author(s)Andrew Davies,Michael Hobday
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 tables
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.