All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the business aspect of sports with an orientation to those topics that are most relevant to journalists, providing the foundation for understanding the various parts of the sports business. Moving beyond sports writing, this text offers a distinct perspective on professional, college, and international sports organizations - structure, governance, labor issues, and other business factors within the sports community. Written clearly and compellingly, The Business of Sports includes cases (historical, current, and hypothetical) to illustrate how business concerns play a role in the reporting of sports. New features for the second edition include: * updates throughout, including disciplinary policies throughout the major sports leagues * expanded discussion of intellectual property issues and merchandising * new sections on ethical issues in sports, aimed at journalists. Offering critical insights on the business of sports, this text is a required resource for sports journalists and students in sports journalism.
- Author BiographyMark Conrad is Associate Professor and Chair of the Legal and Ethical Studies Area at Fordham University's School of Business Administration, where he teaches Sports Law, Media Law, and other law classes. He also teaches at Columbia University's graduate program in Sports Management. Mr. Conrad has published in academic, legal and general circulation publications, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Sports Business Journal, and the New York Law Journal. He is a frequent blogger for Sports Law Blog. Mark received his J.D. from New York Law School, and he holds an M.S. from Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism.
- Author(s)Mark Conrad
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.