The Business of the Church: The Uncomfortable Truth That Faithful Ministry Requires Effective Management by John W. Wimberly (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPastors are called to be t only leaders with vision, but also managers of congregational systems, says John Wimberly in The Business of the Church. Drawing on his thirty-six years in ordained ministry, Wimberly weaves the realities of congregational dynamics and faith-centered purpose together with practical, proven approaches to business management. A student and friend of Rabbi Edwin Friedman, Wimberly builds on Friedman's systems theory as he helps readers avoid common pitfalls and put into practice effective techniques of congregational management. The book begins with a foundational discussion of how a systems approach helps congregational managers identify areas of dysfunction and effective solutions. Managing the critical 'inputs' of people, facilities, and finances has a direct bearing on the desired 'outputs' of proclamation, pastoral care, and mission. A strategic plan, through which a congregation sets its goals and identifies and prioritizes resources, is an essential management tool for both pastors and lay leaders. The author's conversational writing style and many real-life examples make a seemingly complicated, mysterious topic for some an engaging and easily applicable read.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Wimberly, Jr., with four decades of experience as a parish pastor, has a unique combination of congregational ministry experience as well as theological and business skills. He has earned an MDiv, Ph.D in systematic theology and MBA. During his thirty year ministry at Western Presbyterian Church, the congregation changed from a tiny group of retired folks to a program size church in which 2/3 of the members were under the age of 45. He also led negotiations for the congregation on a deal with the International Monetary Fund worth more than $20 million and managed the construction of a new church facility in downtown D.C. His areas of expertise include church growth, strategic planning, financial planning and alignment issues. You can visit his blog at http://managingministry.com/.
- Author(s)John W. Wimberly
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.