All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1990 three Wisconsin graduate students sought to allay their wintertime boredom by playing around with a Ouija board. It was the deadliest mistake they ever made. The three friends contacted the spirit of a serial killer kwn as The Bye Bye Man. And the more you think of his name, the more he hones in on you, travelling night and day to find you, until you hear the shrill, steady sound of his whistle letting you kw that he is there - right outside your bedroom door, maybe even speaking in the voice of someone you trust, someone who would never hurt you. This is the authentically terrifying, true-life story recounted by historian, Robert Damon Schneck, in a chapter of his underground classic of weird Americana published as The President's Vampire in 2005. Now, Schneck's tale has been made into The Bye Bye Man, one of the 2017's most eagerly awaited films, already making critics' lists of projected sleeper hits. That terrifying tale is collected with the author's seven additional chapters of twisted history in this tie-in edition, which features poster art from the film and a new afterword by the author, Searching for The Bye Bye Man. One of the scariest true tales ever is w one of the most horrifying real-life stories brought to film. The film stars Doug Jones (Teen Wolf, Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy), Douglas Smith (Terminator Genisys, Ouija) and Faye Dunaway and is directed by Stacy Title (The Last Supper, and the Oscar-minated short Down on the Waterfront). The film will be released in January 2017.
- Author BiographyRobert Damon Schneck is the author of of Mrs. Wakeman vs. the Antichrist: And Other Strange-but-True Tales from American History (Tarcher 2014). A longtime chronicler of the weird and unexplained, he has written about everything from killer clowns to suicide clubs and writes for magazines including Fate and Fortean Times, where he is a frequent contributor.
- Author(s)Robert Damon Schneck
- PublisherJ.P.Tarcher,U.S./Perigee Bks.,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintJ.P.Tarcher,U.S./Perigee Bks.,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.