All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the vel The CPO: Transforming Procurement in the Real World, we meet Thomas Sutter, a German-American living in Dusseldorf and working as a procurement manager for a major global automobile manufacturer, Autowerke. On a chance encounter while flying to Chicago, he meets the CEO of Heartland, a major food company in the U.S. Sutter impresses the CEO with his kwledge and, after a whirlwind courtship, he joins Heartland as its new Chief Procurement Officer, based in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Hired to transform procurement at Heartland, Sutter has an ermous challenge: to bring its procurement practices into the 21st century and save the company $5 billion. Despite the kwledge and experience he gained at Autowerke, Sutter fights over the next 18 months to find his place at Heartland, institute world-class procurement models and methods, win over the procurement teams and senior executives, and meet his goal. At first, his reputation--and his marriage--suffer, along with the company's overall sales and revenue. Can he pull a rabbit out of the hat? The CPO: Transforming Procurement depicts the real-life challenges of transforming procurement, while demonstrating the benefits of invative procurement and leadership methods. Written by global thought leaders in A.T. Kearney's procurement and supply management practice--consultants who have helped numerous companies chop billions of dollars in costs out of their procurement budgets--The CPO will prove invaluable for those in purchasing and procurement. It will also present essential information to those in the C suite looking for ways to boost profits and productivity. The CPO: * Portrays best-in-class, real-life, actionable methods to turn procurement into a function that can save billions and improve the bottom line. * Provides a fun way to learn essential lessons in procurement and change management. * Shows how rejecting victimhood in all its aspects leads to personal and business success. * Presents lessons in vel format--like The Goal, Who Moved My Cheese, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and others--to engage you and show techniques in action.
- Author BiographyChristian Schuh is the leader of A.T. Kearney's Supply Management Practice in EMEA and is based in Vienna, Austria. He joined A.T. Kearney 17 years ago and has since then led multiple projects for clients in the automotive, construction equipment, defense, high tech, packaging, and steel industry in Austria, China, France, Germany, Russia, the UK, Ukraine, and the USA. His areas of expertise include strategic sourcing, high-end R&D, and organization. He is the author of various books (most notably The Purchasing Chessboard), monographs, and articles. Before he joined A.T. Kearney, he worked several years for Unilever. Schuh studied aeronautical engineering at TU Graz (Austria) and holds a doctorate in business administration. He lives in the historic city center of Vienna.
- Author(s)Armin Scharlach,Christian Schuh,Michael F. Strohmer,Peter Scharbert,Stephen Easton
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight359 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.