All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake the most of your CSA membership - or your garden harvest - with simple yet bold, inventive yet urishing meals from acclaimed blogger Linda Ly. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) programs have connected farms to consumers and made people more in tune with where their food comes from, but still leave many stumped beyond the conventional uses for their produce. How many times has a CSA share arrived with things you've never seen before or t kwn what to do with? The CSA Cookbook will help you cook your way through a CSA box (or farmers' market or backyard bounty) with 105 seasonal recipes that utilize every edible part of the plant, from leaves and flowers to stems and seeds. Think of it as a se-to-tail approach - for vegetables! With invative ideas for preparing the lesser-kwn but -less-delicious parts of plants, tips for using the odds and ends of vegetables, and easy preservation techniques, Linda Ly helps you get from farm to table without a fuss. Chapters include tomatoes and peppers, leafy greens, peas and beans, bulbs and stems, roots and tubers, melons and gourds, and flowers and herbs. You'll find globally-inspired, vegetable-focused recipes that turn a single plant into several meals - take squash, for instance. This year-round vegetable brings a variety of tastes and textures to the table: Squash Blossom and Roasted Pobla Tacos, Sicilian Squash Shoot Soup, Autumn Acorn Squash Stuffed with Kale, Cranberries, and Walnuts, and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds. If you grow your own food at home, you might be surprised to learn you can eat the leaves from your pepper plants, or pickle the seed pods from your radishes. The CSA Cookbook aims to inspire curiosity in the garden and creativity in the kitchen. You'll look at vegetables in a whole new way and think twice before you discard your kitchen scraps !
- Author BiographyLINDA LY is the blogger behind the award-winning gardenbetty.com, called the Best in Gardening by Country Living and deemed a go-to source for all things green by HGTV. As a member of Slow Food USA, Linda delights in growing, harvesting, preserving, and cooking all the food that comes from the earth. She pulls endless inspiration from her modern homestead by the sea, which she shares with her husband, a pair of pugs, and a flock of chickens. When she's not digging in the dirt, she's seeking adventure on the road with her love of offshore winds, epic powder, empty trails, and hidden hot springs. WILL TAYLOR's lifelong devotion to photography began in grammar school when he started building 110 kit cameras. His love for that clicking shutter never abated. He is now an award-winning commercial and editorial fashion photographer, shooting magazine covers and celebrities for clients worldwide. Still, Will lives for all types of photography--from nature photography to cookbooks--and focusing on the art behind every shot. When not hiding behind his lens or computer screen, Will enjoys escaping into nature with his wife and friends, searching for that next bluebird powder day, glassy peeling wave, or meandering river.
- Author(s)Linda Ly
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byWill Taylor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.