All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionTake an irresistible journey to the congenial tasting rooms of a tri-county paradise. With The California Directory of Fine Wineries: Napa, Soma, Mendoci as your guide, you wander through world-famous Napa, home of the state's most recognized cellar landmarks. You meander scenic back roads on the way to Soma's premier wineries. You travel to rustic Mendoci, where the winemakers themselves pour you a glass of their specialty. This fully updated, seventh edition of The California Directory of Fine Wineries: Napa, Soma, Mendoci is an essential guide to both glamorous estates and intimate, family-owned vineyards. This book includes profiles of 68 Northern California wineries describing their striking architecture, behind-the-scenes tours, and bountiful gardens; descriptions of the wineries' distinctive features, from 100-year-old wine caves and museum-quality art exhibitions to bocce ball courts and tastings of local olive oils and other gourmet foods; more than 200 color images by rewned photographer Robert Holmes; sidebars listing directions, vineyard tours, wine tastings, special culinary events, and nearby attractions; full-page maps showing the 68 profiled destinations, plus more than 100 additional wineries in the three counties.
- Author BiographyK. Reka Badger is a freelance writer who writes weekly wine, food, and gardening columns. She is a regular contributor to numerous publications, including Destination Wine Country and Santa Barbara Seasons. Badger lives in Paso Robles, CA. Cheryl Crabtree is a freelance writer and the coauthor of several California central coast guidebooks. She has contributed to numerous publications, including Touring and Tasting, Fodor's California, and Fodor's The Complete Guide to National Parks of the West. Crabtree lives in Santa Barbara, CA. Daniel Mangin is the author of guidebooks to New York City, California, and Napa and Sonoma. His travel and cultural reporting has appeared in Sunset Magazine and the San Francisco Chronicle and on Brides.com, Salon, and other websites. Mangin lives in Marin County, CA. Marty Olmstead is an award-winning author who has covered the California wine country for numerous national and regional publications including Travel & Leisure, Wine Adventure, Wine Country Living, and the Marin Independent Journal. Olmstead is based in Atlanta. Robert Holmes is widely acknowledged as one of the world s finest travel photographers. His photographs have appeared in virtually every major travel magazine, including National Geographic and Departures. Holmes lives in Marin County, CA.
- Author(s)Cheryl Crabtree,Daniel Mangin,K Reka Badger,Marty Olmstead
- PublisherWine House Press
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- Series TitleCalifornia Directory of Fine Wineries
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWine House Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width193 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Robert Holmes
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.