All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book attempts to explain what went wrong in California's restructured energy markets and what must be done to restore California's ecomy and build new electricity systems. The intention here is to reconcile the principles of competition and regulation. California had a severe electricity crisis for about thirteen months beginning in May of 2000. The ecomic consequences and political fallout that arose from this crisis persist. California's ecomy continues to suffer and the state's treasury is deeply in debt. The state's three investor-owned utilities were nearly financially decimated. San Diego Gas & Electric has recovered to a greater degree than the other two only because its retail prices are about three times the national average and, for a time, well above the other two IOUs in California. Southern California Edison has recently been restored to investment grade and was granted a rate increase. Pacific Gas & Electric is emerging from bankruptcy. This book discusses all of this in greater detail. The problems and consequences arising from California's ill-fated foray into electricity market restructuring could damage the state for years to come. Challenges of this nature are t new to the Golden State. In the past, as we explain here, pragmatic, t entrenched, approaches have worked best in California. If California is to relatively quickly restore its previous enviable ecomic vitality and recover from the damage done to tarnish its luster, pragmatic approaches must again be used.
- Author(s)Charles J. Cicchetti,Colin M. Long,Jeffrey A. Dubin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleVienna Circle Collection
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight509 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.