Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.58+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this quintessential adventure story, Jack London takes readers on an arduous journey through the forbidding Alaskan landscape during the gold rush of the 1890s. Buck, a rangy mixed breed used to a comfortable, sun-filled life as a family dog, is stolen by a greedy opportunist and sold to dog traffickers. In time, Buck finds himself on a team of sled dogs run ragged in the harsh winter of the Klondike. In a climate where every day is a savage struggle for survival, the last traces of Buck's soft, pampered existence are erased as his dormant primordial urges -- deeply embedded for generations -- are brutally awakened. The superb detail, taken from London's firsthand kwledge of Alaskan frontier life, makes this classic tale as gripping today as it was almost a hundred years ago. No other vel has so clearly shown the fragile separation between tame and wild, between man and beast. Now, paired with master illustrator Wendell Mir's exquisite paintings, this timeless story is available in a handsome new addition to the Scribner Illustrated Classics collection.
- Author BiographyJack London (1876-1916) was a prolific American novelist and short story writer. His most notable works include White Fang, The Call of the Wild, and The Sea-Wolf. He was born in San Francisco, California. Wendell Minor has illustrated dozens of picture books, and his work has won countless awards and is in permanent collections of such institutions as the Museum of American Illustration and the Library of Congress. His cover illustrations have graced some of the most significant novels of our time by authors such as Toni Morrison, David McCullough, and James Michener. He lives in Washington, Connecticut. Visit him online at MinorArt.com.
- Author(s)Jack London
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleScribner Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wendell Minor
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.